Sunday, February 12, 2017

February Distractions

On a rather dreary but unusually balmy February morning, our Sunday paper arrives in its electric orange sheath, just before we arise. That's one of the little things in life I enjoy--the paper, yes, but especially that orange contrasting with the lack of color around it.

Last night, we watched a documentary called Wiener. Yes, Wiener--it's all about Anthony Wiener. And he participated, and let the camera roll behind the scenes. It's a fascinating train wreck. I highly recommend it. I have so many thoughts regarding this film, especially because of what's happening right now in our nation's capital. Anthony Wiener was a talented politician, brought down because of a weird online obsession. Many of Wiener's constituents felt betrayed that he'd lied about his actions, though that would appear to be the least surprising thing about his behavior.  Allowing this film to be made might qualify as astounding behavior, but then, Wiener is obviously an exhibitionist.

Does it take an exhibitionist to run for public office?  An important part of honing one's public image is now taking place online, and perhaps it's exacerbating some people's inner tendencies.

Okay, enough about the Wiener, except to point out that some emails that turned up on his computer helped to bring down Hillary Clinton, too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




And now a break to sit here, and be here, and experience the moment...

More than just a moment...I went for a three mile walk in my nifty yellow raincoat. Yes, it's raining, and there is a treadmill in the basement, but I can't pass up the opportunity to be The Girl in the Yellow Raincoat experiencing the rain, the slight breeze, the dog barking, and--the sirens. I spend enough time indoors.
~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the week of Valentine's Day, and next weekend will be our 28th wedding anniversary. Last year, on our anniversary, I was unfortunately unable to eat, which bothered and disappointed me, but this year, I'm worried that I've been eating too much, which does not stop me from looking forward to it! What difference a year makes.

In other ME news, I've been spending a little time in physical therapy--nothing serious, just learning some exercises to control some symptoms that will probably come and go. My therapist referred to it as cording syndrome, and I suspect a bad head cold brought it on. That probably sounds strange, but colds do put one's lymph nodes to work. Anyway, I was at first concerned that it was something that might get worse, but that is not the case. It's almost completely gone now, but I'm glad I met someone who knows what it is.

After this week, I won't have any appointments for awhile. Ahh, almost three months until the next oncologist appointment, six months until I see the dentist, eight months until the next GP visit, and NINE months until the next radiologist appointment (still looking for side effects, apparently).  Life is good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My younger sister and her wife are in India now, and have shared some beautiful pictures of Taj Mahal. It's always a good time to see a masterpiece, but it seems especially wonderful to be there so close to a romantic holiday. A trip of a lifetime...

And now, I must spend some time reading...


Whatchaupto?






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interesting:
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/08/internet-online-exhibitionist-anthony-weiner-psychology-mental-214201

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved your posts. This one does not disappoint.

    I hope you had a lovely dinner tonight with your hubby of 28 years. You and he are both so lucky to have each other.
    It was a lovely warm day.

    Hope to see you next weekend.

    ReplyDelete