Friday, November 24, 2017

Another Black Friday



Happy Black Friday! I say, in the evening, after most of the day is done. Our job today was not too difficult. Oh, we had a couple of fast-paced times, but overall, it was quieter than our typical Friday. The party was elsewhere. I hope tomorrow's short work day will be as calm.

While I'm gone, Mike will deck our halls. It's really nice that he has time to do that, because I'm not so into it. He does the heavy lifting. Yay.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~







Another Thanksgiving is gone, and now it's the second anniversary of my diagnosis. I must admit to having some fretful times this year. I've worried over little aches and pains, struggled to stay offline and keep busy, busy enough not to worry about insignificant physical issues--and not always winning. I've gained some confidence, finally. I am aging, there will be that, but there are good times to look forward to.

Mike's parents are in a rough spot right now, and that is hard to watch, another reminder that time is precious. We are all so very mortal. We stopped to visit them after going out with the rest of the family, and were relieved that their caregiver had in fact prepared a very nice looking casserole for them, ahead of time. Bob had actually picked out this recipe online. We were very sorry that Bob and Sharon couldn't join the rest of us, so it was a relief that they got what they wanted: a tasty meal at home.

~~~~~~~~~~

We are leaving for our annual cruise shortly, and this year will be a different trip--different departure port, different ship, and a different itinerary. I'm looking forward to getting away, and being warm. It'll be fun to check out a new ship, too.

And since I work tomorrow, and want to get up early enough to get some exercise, I'd better end today's missive here.

Happy weekend, everyone! Whatchaupto?


No comments:

Post a Comment