Monday, January 1, 2018

Rabbit, Rabbit, Happy New Year!

Yes, I know that Chinese New Year is more than a month away, but, since 2018 will be The Year of the Dog, let's celebrate that special relationship and hope that that saying about going to the dogs doesn't apply here.

Mike and I had the splendid and easy holiday season we wished on everyone else. We visited family, played games, and ate a lot of food. And drank some, too. I just noticed that the rabbit in my hare picture has fingers. That's wrong. Anyway, one game I especially enjoyed was Fibbage, from Jackbox games. Fibbage reminded me a little bit of Cards Against Humanity, except more fun because we got to make up all the answers ourselves. Well, except THE answer... Hilarious. We need to do this more often.

On New Year's Eve, we once again enjoyed great company, good food, and wonderful wine. Cheers!

As much as I've enjoyed the social aspect of the holidays, it's always somewhat of a relief to get back to normal. This year is starting out more normally than we'd expected; even though Mike got laid off a few days ago, he will return to his same digs, same job in a few days, only this time, he will be the employee of another company, under a six month contract. Everyone is happy with this arrangement, especially Mike.

It is a beautiful, albeit cold, day outside, and it's time for me to get up and start this new year...I did make some modest resolutions, after all.

Rabbit, rabbit, everyone, Happy Lucky New Year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment