Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Marching Back

It's been awhile, hasn't it? Now that I'm no longer working, there really isn't an excuse to not check in here, now and again.

So here we are, continuing to live in interesting times. This chapter is called Pandemic. Schools abruptly closed, along with bars and restaurants and some nonessential businesses, such as theatres, gyms, and malls. Our lives are more affected than anyone expected they would be a short time ago.

Enough about that, we're saturated with COVID-19 news.

A few days back, Mom and I had some fun rambling around The Old Sled Works antique shop and museum. One of the displays is the time clock used by the sled works employees, back in the day. It's a fascinating relic--


I do not have any idea how it works, but it has steam punk chic. That was a very nice day, in every way.

Another day, we visited a craft store, where we gathered stuff to assemble wreaths (I got sticker shock over the price of the ready-made ones). So, here is what mine looked like after I finished:

Looking at this picture, I realize that the wind skewed stuff somewhat.

We met another couple for dinner last night, an outing we'd had planned for awhile, and were afraid we were being scuflaws, at first. It had just been announced by the governor that eat in dining options were ordered closed at midnight. As usual, there were no more than ten people in this place at one time, and we had a very enjoyable visit.

I'm going to end this belated missive here. It's getting late, and as usual, I marvel at how quickly the days pass, lately.

Whatchaupto?

2 comments:

  1. Another good post. That was a fun day at the Sled Works, and today was another nice day. Thanks for coming and walking with me. I was going stir crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to read your update. It has been a gazillion years since I have posted anything. The Bear and I are slowly plodding along - porch sitting is our forte. Hope you and your continue in good health and happiness - cheers!

    ReplyDelete