Sunday, January 3, 2021

Rabbit, Rabbit--Happy New Year! And--We Did a Thing

 



Happy New Year! No, 2021 will not be immediately better, but at least we'll soon have a sane president, COVID vaccines will keep rolling out, and the days will get brighter and brighter!


So, now that that's out of the way, let me tell you: we did a thing, a thing I wasn't sure that would happen, but anyway, we took a trip to Mexico. We drove to Philly and got on a direct flight to Cancun. There were very few people in the Philly airport and for the first time ever, the flight to Cancun was sparse. It's usually packed, even in September, when we've always gone, until this year. At the resort, the staff were meticulous, and quite a few changes were made to the normal routine for a safer operation. 



Each morning, I went for a walk, and peaked in at the other hotels on the Iberostar campus--and found the black swan, hanging out at Del Mar, along with the flamingos.

Hi again, Flos! lookin' lovely, as usual. There were a couple of white swans, too, but my pictures came out unclear, so I'll skip that...



Right outside our balcony, I saw a few of these Yucatan Jays. I saw them in the mornings, only.




This is gratuitous jay-snapping, since I didn't manage to get any pictures of the other interesting birds.


And of course I have to include a coati. This one paused here so long, I grew suspicious that he had a rendezvous with an illicit feeding (it's not allowed; coatis are perfectly able to feed themselves. If they beg, it's a scam). 



There's me, holding the blue sequined face mask Mom got me, in the hotel bar. 



Here is Mike, at the other end of this building, among the Christmas decorations we'd never seen before. 


At the beach, those tire tracks never got covered over by foot prints, it was so quiet. We spent most of our time here, flopped on chairs or taking a walk. 

The weather was perfect and the food was as delectable as ever. It was a wonderful week in an otherwise bleak year. It's not that my year was personally bad, but the news was stressful and the overall outlook was gloomy.


So, here's hoping that that 2021 has more sparkle.


Whachaupto?



2 comments:

  1. Oh thank you for posting. You are beautiful, and wearing a beautiful dress too!
    Love your post as always.

    ReplyDelete