Tuesday, February 23, 2021

February

 


 

 

 Yes, the month is mostly over already, and I am finally posting a missive about my ordinary, slow, boring life. In these times, though, no news is generally good news-- I am not sick, stuck without power, or heaven forbid, π‘π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘‘. No, I might be wasting time, but it fills my time quite enjoyably. 


What have I been up to, let's see... I visit Mom, usually once a week, and we have deep, intellectual conversations that are truly fascinating. We watch π‘‡β„Žπ‘’ π΄π‘šπ‘Žπ‘§π‘–π‘›π‘” π·π‘Ÿ. π‘ƒπ‘œπ‘™ on NatGeo, and we lunch. We almost always go to the Buddha bowl place, and it's always wonderful. When spring arrives, we'll go back to taking walks, and if COVID ever gets tamed, we may even walk the mall in rainy weather. Hope.

I attempted to give blood for the first time, and that special verb denotes the fact that the SLOW alarm went off, which caused me to have a mild panic, and I had to abort. Actually, I hadn't even noticed the alarm and certainly didn't know
it was all about me, being as I was in my happy place and breathing, and so forth, so when a nurse and volunteer were suddenly standing over me with  somewhat worried expressions, I just wasn't prepared for that.

I will try again, but think that going to a nearby hospital set up might be better than a church basement, for a couple reasons I'll skip for now. When I got an email about receiving my Amazon gift card, I donated it back. Since I feel like I wasted their time, it's only right. Next time, I'll be more prepared. I'll take a stress ball, I'll move my legs a lot. See, Reddit is full of free advice. 

And, by the way, that panic was mild. No whole body vibrations, no dizziness, no feeling like 𝐼'π‘š β„Žπ‘Žπ‘£π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘Ž β„Žπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘ π‘Žπ‘‘π‘‘π‘Žπ‘π‘˜, π‘›π‘œ! π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘˜π‘’ crap. By the time I drank something and walked to my car, it was over. Yes, I could drive
the short, nonhighway route back home without any hyperventilating. 

Okay, that's enough about that. We also had our 32nd wedding anniversary, which we spent at home. Mike picked out something special at the grocery store and we enjoyed it with some good wine and music. Bob, Mike's dad, did treat us at dinner, too. Every year, I have to think about how long it's been. It's just so hard to believe. And, of course, we got each other Valentine's Day candy, which yeah, I desperately need. 

I'm walking a fair amount, and I've tried a couple different kinds of shoes for my awful feet. I have a pair of Omega Walk joggers, which are amazingly comfortable, but are wearing π‘£π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘¦ quickly. So, I've decided that they are my knock about shoes, or for shorter distances, so I don't commit outright murder. I just got a pair of Ryka Devotion 3's, and they seem to be more substantial and also very comfortable, and by that I mean, flexible with a large toebox. 

 

 Blogspot is not being nice today, and my keyboard is functioning on a two hour delay, no I'm exaggerating, but that's my frustration level, so on with it. 

My mammogram was clean, my new doctor there is very nice, both a relief. Also, my medications are keeping me sane and healthy. I'm very happy with both.

 I'm feeling quite spoiled, actually. With Christmas money, I am enjoying Spotify premium, and we've been enjoying a diverse case of wine, also a Christmas gift. (almost finished).  

 

What else? I'm reading some books from Netgalley, which is a different experience... had to give that last one a mediocre review, which I hate doing, but I need to get used to that. It's part of the deal, I tell my silly self. And borrowig from the library, and watching Netflix. I got into 𝐿𝑒𝑝𝑖𝑛, which I've been forgetting to watch, since we discovered that we had unwatched Penn & Teller! It looks a bit different with a pandemic on, but these guys are clever and have made it work. 

 There are also some podcasts holding me captive, the latest one being π‘Šπ‘œπ‘œπ‘‘π‘’π‘› π‘‚π‘£π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘π‘œπ‘Žπ‘‘π‘’π‘ , which gets my ES rating, for extreme silliness.

I have been busy, also, neglecting Spanish and my recorder. Which I will try to rectify. 

 Did you make it this far? Congrats! Sorry, I can't give you a gift card for coming out...Whatchaupto?

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun post! I enjoy you so much.
    Thanks for finally posting for February.
    See you tomorrow! Out of sequence for our usual weekly visit, but it's a special case!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Thanks, Mom. And yes, that golden ticket stick is worth celebrating!

    ReplyDelete