Friday, March 3, 2023

March!

 Good morning, happy First Friday, if that's a thing. I'm generally in favor of things, especially if it makes the day special. 

So, I didn't make a Rabbit, Rabbit post happen, but I will try to do better in the future. I'm in need of lots of improvements, especially in the using-my-time-more-wisely category. There's a lot of stuff in this house that is not sparking joy, or even awareness of its existence.


Today is grocery day, good thing, as I am completely out of some of my staples: tea, soy milk, frozen spinach, cereal, and peanut butter. Planning ahead might not be my strong suit. Hmm, maybe I should get sardines, too. Only if they have them in olive oil. 

We just finished watching the Netflix documentary about the Murdaugh family on Wednesday, and now, Friday morning, we hear that Alex Murdaugh has been convicted of murdering his younger son and wife. There are a couple other deaths that need to be investigated, too. Their housekeeper's death looks suspicious, and the older Murdaugh son is almost certainly involved in the murder of one of his classmates. Paul, he dead son, was probably going to face consequences for a boating incident that killed a young woman, though Alex and Paul's grandfather were trying to cover that up. I wonder if Alex might also be charged with interfering with that case? This family is probably not out of the news, yet. And, of course, there will probably be a repeal. And oh, dear, I almost forgot about the millions of dollars Alex M. stole from his clients and law firm. What a sordid saga.

It's a rainy day, and that tends to make me lazy. However, I had decided that I should start taking pictures of our beer mat collection. And, I just happen to have one that is so close to me that I don't need to even get up--well, that's an exaggeration, but anyway, here is an over-sized coaster we found during our trip to Montreal several years ago--


A surname on my mother's side is Brasher, the Americanized spelling of the French occupational name for brewer. So, I thought of Granny when we saw this.

When people ask me what I do all day, it's stuff like this. Just so you know.

Next week, we are taking my father-in-law loveseat shopping. It'll be an adventure! 

So,  whatchaupto?













1 comment:

  1. I went to a fund-raiser event for two different cat groups: No Body's Cat and another one that I forget the name of. S & K came along, and Della drove. The place holding the event was packed! You could barely move! We didn't buy anything, but made donations to the cause. When I say it was crowded, I mean you could just barely inch your way into the place, and once inside, moving was awkward.

    Then we went down the street a bit and ate at Nick's.
    We had fun just chatting and such. Nice day.

    I can't believe that you were out of your favorite foods!
    Shopping for a loveseat with Bob will be the bomb! Good luck.
    The Murdaugh's have been all the news and I've been fascinated by it all.

    ReplyDelete