Friday, February 17, 2023

I'm Back!

Did ya miss me? 


So, Mama did point out that I haven't been here for awhile, and it's true. I completely skipped January and here it is, late February. Valentine's Day is over, and our thirty-fourth wedding anniversary is tomorrow. Dates are always closer than they appear to be on the calendar.

I have updated my book blog, which I use as an additional link to Netgalley books, or any book I get in return for an honest review. Currently, I am perusing Please Report Your Bug Here, by Josh Riedel, and so far, it's an interesting, light read. 

So, I'm talking about books on the argyle side...what else is happening? 

We just got a new treadmill, and it's a very nice upgrade. It's quieter and has Bluetooth, so Mike can stream public radio from his fire tablet right to the treadmill's speakers. It makes life quieter all over the house.( I'll continue to do that thang I do, which is pairing my phone with my headphones. I like it like that. (hey, that's a zeugma)).

Right now, the living is easy for us, and I want to appreciate and celebrate that. We have events to look forward to and are feeling well.


We visited friends for The Superbowl (is that capitalized?) and learned that night that our hostess had just had a scary mammogram. Of course, she's stressed out, but the good news is that it caught a bad development extremely early--the results showed pre-cancer, what she referred to as stage 0. It sounds like she will have surgery and radiation, and perhaps medication after that. This is the miracle of the 3-D mammograms! Catching bad stuff super early. We'll be thinking of her, as this is going to be unpleasant, mentally and physically.

Yesterday, I had my teeth professionally cleaned, and learned that my hygienist was also quite stressed: her husband, who bikes to work every day, had had a bad accident, and had just been released from the hospital the previous day. She-Bonnie-was actually leaving work early, right after my appointment. Bonnie's husband suffered a concussion, several broken ribs, a punctured lung, and I  think she mentioned his collar bone. Yeah, awful accident. One incredible thing: he was wearing an Apple smart watch, and it called the ambulance while he was unconscious. (I felt bad about being there, and told her I could've rescheduled, but obviously she didn't feel that she could just do that.) Anyway, she seems to not trust her husband to abstain from any physical activity, such as getting in the shower and whatnot when she's not there. I'll be thinking about her, too. 

I believe that both Sherry (game hostess) and Bonnie's husband will get through these health issues, but they are major events. 

And, I hope all my friends and family are feeling well, as often as possible.

So, whatchaupto?





2 comments:

  1. Yo mama is happy that you posted, and that we were able to get together today. Nice!

    ReplyDelete