Saturday, May 6, 2023

Marvelous May


  Did you sleep well last night? I did. And it's sunny outside, and I had a good step aerobics workout, and then I went to visit Mom and saw Della, too. 

Mom and Della sure looked chipper for a couple people who got up earlier than I did, and that's impressive. 

What have I been up to? Well, I just finished a novel that's been on my list, by Kazuo Ishiguro, called Klara and the Sun.  One of Ishiguro's themes is duty, and, like both Remains of the Day and Never Let Me Go, this was sad and thought provoking. Klara is a sentient robot, and this story seems especially timely.

In other news, I'm very relieved that Ed Sheeren did defeat that copyright infringement case against him. It seemed most unfair and unlikely that someone could claim to own a certain cord progression. 

And ah, yes, there was a coronation across the pond for the first time in decades, but I just can't seem to work up any interest in it.  

And the Kentucky Derby is today, but seven (7) horses have died this week, leading up to this event. What's going on? Are these horses being over-trained and over bred? How very sad. 

On Monday, Mike and I are driving out to Cleveland,  Ohio, for a convention of magic collectors. Yes, it's taking place in the middle of the week, because it's less expensive that way, and--it's an older crowd. I'll try to take some pictures.

I usually have a relaxing time reading and exploring while Mike hangs in the dealer room. I'm glad we're driving out, too, so that I can pack the kitchen sink, just in case. 

Netgalley has graciously floated me a couple of mysteries that look interesting, too. Perfect timing.


So, whatchaupto?




1 comment:

  1. I have twice entered a comment, which disappeared after a day or too. Huh!?

    ReplyDelete