Friday, December 1, 2023

Rabbit, Rabbit, It's December!

 



Happy Friday, December 1st, everyone. I've neglected saying this a few times, but good luck in December!

Today is the first day of meteorological winter, and it feels like it. I am extremely thankful to be living where I do, with heat, enough food, and so much more. My life is one of great fortune. 

Mike and I had a delightful breakfast yesterday with Mom on her birthday. I am also thankful for having my mother.  Mom was deathly ill with COVID earlier this year, with pneumonia and sepsis, so it's really amazing that she is back to being herself again. Being sick for an extended period sucks, but she is having better days now.

In September, Mike and I took a trip to Ireland, which was a fantastic experience. There were about sixty people on our bus, and surprisingly, a fairly large percentage of them were Australian. There were also some Brits, but the largest number of us were from the US. 

Soon, we will go on a cruise with a couple friends we met at magic collectors' conventions. This will be a different experience for us, and I'm looking forward to it, especially having friends with us at dinner. That will add to the fun, for sure. 

Tomorrow night, we're going to dinner with friends from the Annville area who I feel very lucky to know. It'll be fun, catching up with them. 

My other blog, about Netgalley books, has also been quiet, but I suddenly have two titles to read, so I'll be back. I'd taken some time off to read a longer book club selection, and then a library book. That title was A Gentleman in Moscow, by Amor Towles, a historical novel that I do recommend. I loved it.

When I went to check out other library books on my radar, I found that they were all immensely popular, so I am now on about seven (7) waitlists.  

So, I'd better start reading these two titles from Netgalley. Are you  reading anything good? Whatchaupto?






1 comment:

  1. You posted! That makes me very happy.
    I'm not reading anything. What's wrong with me?
    I'm so happy about your trip to Ireland. I was very afraid that my being in the hospital would mess that trip up.
    It snowed a little yesterday. (Thursday the 7th.) I guess you were here for a little bit for that.

    ReplyDelete