Saturday, September 3, 2016

Dory Has Nothing On Me

We recently had a picnic in our backyard with a few friends and family. A small gathering. The morning of this little event, I realized we needed one of those plastic table covers for our wooden table (which I'd meant to sand and paint this year), so off I went to the dollar store.

Every time I go to the dollar store, I see stuff we need! Okay, first the table cloth. Then--am I positive we have enough plastic flatware? Hmm, no. Not sure. Look! Forty-eight (48) forks for a dollar! Spoons, too. Might as well.

When I go home, my husband seemed surprisingly crestfallen that I had gotten more utensils. My reply was something like, no biggie, they don't go stale...

No biggie. Right. Yesterday, that top shelf, where all the paper and plastic lives, got on my nerves. So, I brought everything down to organize it. Oh, my...we have plastic utensils---for years. Mike snickered. Do you remember anything about those  special, sturdy knives? he asked....Ah, those are The Special Unitarian Biodegradable Knives. It's all coming back to me. That was a long time ago...





Then, when I got off work today, my car wouldn't start. It wasn't the battery, cuz the lights were on, and the radio was on, and the windows rolled down...oh, what's that light indicator? I look it up in the manual, yeah, it's an anti-theft feature, but what do I do? It doesn't say. I hate to do this, but--I call Mike. He reminds me: I need to wait about ten minutes. What a drag. Both the waiting, and the forgetting that I have to wait. I was the one to google this problem, in the first place... It all comes back to me now. It's one of those seldom-problems. I should put a sticky note in the owner's manual for next time, so I don't forget again and worry the poor hubby. (He actually showed up to make sure I got moving.)

Hey, it just occurred to me that my car is the same color as Dory. I don't know why anyone would want to steal it, except--it's very common. Hmm, that could be an asset.

~~~~~~~~~~

Our movie tonight is Hail, Caesar!

Finally, a comedy, instead of one of those downers we've been watching. Not that I can name the last one...










1 comment:

  1. One cannot have too many disposable forks, knives, spoons.
    It was a fun picnic. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete