Saturday, October 29, 2016

October Blush

Such a glorious fall day! This is a Saturday off for me, so I slept in, went for a long walk, and plan on settling into reading for awhile.

This evening, I'm stepping out of my comfort zone, a phrase that means "not staying home as usual and watching a movie with my husband." I got an unexpected invitation from a friend to join her at a symphony concert tonight (she has an extra ticket).  It is my aim to get out, keep contact with friends, but when an opportunity arises, my first reaction is to panic.

Earlier this week, I mistakenly thought that I was locked out of the house, and ran over to our next door neighbors to use their phone. It was embarrassing, but--now I finally know their names. They are very nice!

See? Social contact is not so hard, and totally painless.

And now: the relaxing Saturday. Rock on!

1 comment:

  1. Yes. Say "Yes," to friends doing fun things.

    I hope you enjoy the concert. I'm pretty sure you will.

    ReplyDelete