Friday, March 31, 2017

Rabbit, rabbit, happy lucky April!


April is peeking its head out--so rabbit, rabbit, happy lucky April, everyone...I must confess that I have mixed feelings about April Fools' jokes. And I'm working on April Fools' Day, and hoping that not too many customers have the urge to be obnoxious. There is some mighty unrest out there, these days. The latest changes at New Bank are actually omissions. The famous coin machine is gone, and I have felt punished for that, since people are bringing in copious amounts of rolled coin that we must check at some point before handing out to others, sometimes fifteen minutes before we close...good times. And there are other changes coming, as well.

Luckily, my life is such that staying a bit later than scheduled is usually not a problem. And I'm not being bothered by any coworkers, either. It does make me feel icky when a couple of them whisper in front of me, but it's groovy that I'm not involved.  Oh, the drama...(not to mention bad manners.)



March 31st :  a special morning: I jogged three miles without walking breaks. This is a light of hope; my oncologist had said something like 'three miles is enough,' after citing some study that concluded that distance training was harder after adriamycin. HE DIDN'T HAVE TO SAY THAT, I was paranoid enough. And me and my joints have no intention of ever doing that again, anyway. So there. And distance training is harder on the over-50 crowd, too. I am so happy to be tendonitis-free...


So much for my little world. The bigger world is always charging in, scaring the hell out of me. Oh, another thing about my coworkers: they are naïve. Since they have no memories of life without the internet, they are not bothered by any changes that take place there...and honestly, they are so busy shopping and buying stuff that who cares? Hey, whatcha doing for lunch? Sometimes, I fear that  they're right: go ahead, spend your paycheck on lunches, expensive phones, and clothes, because if the government collapses, at least you'd have enjoyed all your stuff. Eat all your nuts TODAY, before Russia completely destabilizes our trees.

April Fools' Day!

Sorry, that came from a dark spot in my brain. Facebook is becoming such an echo-chamber, I need to limit my viewing habits, or I'll become obsessed with scary news.

This weekend has almost pre-filled for me...working Saturday, and then on Sunday, one of Mike's long distance friends, and his wife, will be in town. This is turning  Sunday afternoon into quite the party, and I'm looking forward to it. As usual, we'll try not to get political.

In other social-crowd news, we will be taking a Gettysburg ghost tour in June, in conjunction with our reading of Lincoln in the Bardo, by George Saunders. Mike is reading it now, and (so far) thinks it's way weird. I haven't gotten to it, yet. We often read stuff at the same time, but I'm still finishing Absurdistan, by Gary Shteyngart,  on loan from someone in our group. Both our Nooks are registered to me, so everything I buy is on both devices (and the tablet), which is very convenient.

Mike is doing an admirable job staying calm, with all the uncertainty at his place of work. We all need to stay hopeful. It's hard to balance enjoying life with planning for the future, sometimes.


Interesting article : http://www.iasc-culture.org/THR/THR_article_2014_Fall_McPherson.php

Anyway. It's the weekend! Let's all drink, be merry, and lose at Scrabble!

Whatchaupto?












1 comment:

  1. Nice that you have an interesting weekend planned! Always a bonus.
    Great that you were able to run for 3 miles, and your mother thinks that's quite enough thank you.
    Rabbit Rabbit sweet thang!

    ReplyDelete