Thursday, May 4, 2017

May the Force Be with You!

I did not post a May rabbit on the first, so--






Today was just a half-day for me at work, compensation for working this Saturday, so like the lazy procrastinator I know how to be, I did my jog thing after work. Hey, I've got all afternoon. Well, I did when I started--but anyway, seeing Dingy (honestly, that's what he goes by) reminded me of how wonderful it is to enjoy a day. Not everyone can do that--enjoy a day--and it is not to be taken for granted. Dingy has asbestosis, so is easily winded, and his wife has had a stroke. She was able to come back home, so he is not living alone. But still--he always has a smile, socializes with everyone, and gets out to fish (hence the nickname) many mornings. Probably most mornings. I can't imagine him crabby. A good outlook is a golden egg that not everyone is able to find...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On April 21st, I took a day off work and celebrated the first anniversary of my last chemo treatment with Mom. We had pizza for lunch and then went to see Beauty and the Beast on the big screen and both enjoyed it. Going to the movies is a rare treat, especially in the middle of the afternoon, when there are very few other people there. Just a few of us adults, hiding there in the dark...it was fun!

And...the Monday after that, I damaged the house. Yep. I was backing out of the driveway, on my way to work, when I decided to run back in the house to get something. Put the car in park. Open the garage door. Run in, put my hands on said object, run out. I came out just in time to see my car come sailing (?) into the garage and crash into Mike's tool chest. It demolished the tool chest, but the big news is, it damaged the back of the garage. Lovely. The good news is, the damage is not profound, and our insurance agents were very, very nice to us. And we found a good handyman service that I will gladly use again. So, it's fixed!  And from now on, I will shut off my car if I need to get out for any reason. It's just a better policy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mom and I also stepped out to join an anti-45 march. It was a lovely evening for a walk, actually! We marched until we came up against a diligently prepared barrier: three cop cars, cops, and lots of road block thingies. Two secret service men watched the fun, too. The media was not there. Actually, there wasn't much coverage of the rally, either. 45 was...not such a big event.  My favorite sign read, "Twinkle twinkle little czar, Putin put you where you are."  It was a better sized crowd than I thought we'd get.

~~~~~~~

In better news, I did enjoy reading Lincoln in the Bardo, by George Saunders. Since then, I've read a Terry Pratchett book (everyone needs a vacation to Discworld now and then), and am now reading a thriller by Tana French called In the Woods. (bwaaahhaha)

It's not the biggest news, but it's all mine! And I'm enjoying my day.


How 'bout you--whatchaupto?










1 comment:

  1. We've had some fun times haven't we?

    I'm up to wasting this rainy Friday. I thought about going to the Farmers' Market, but I might melt in this rain.

    I've started Ready Player One . I like it so far.

    ReplyDelete