Monday, September 25, 2017

Lovely Weekend before September's Last Week

Yes, this is the last week of September, and I am still reeling from the realization that summer is over.

This was a nice weekend for me; I stayed pleasantly busy walking, reading, talking, eating, playing Scrabble, watching a movie and some magic, as well.

Our Saturday movie was Nocturnal Animals, a thought-provoking, sad film starring Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal. It's so dark and scary that I would not recommend watching it alone. I'm glad we saw it, though--it's well done.

My weekend mediation....

delighting in
a beautiful day
taking a walk
feeling good
my family
my home
having a job
having health insurance
good times
beer
future plans
good memories
books
music

Goal: stay busy, using my time, my precious life, for peaceful enjoyments

Speaking of future plans, Della is coming to An Evening with Salman Rushdie with me--and it's THIS Friday! Dates do sneak up on me so...And after I come home with The Golden House, I must make a point of reading reading reading...it's up next for discussion.

Speaking of staying busy.

May my motivation get me exercising after work, as I did not get up early enough this morning!

Need some bunnies here, no?

While I sit in the lap of luxury, I am troubled by the news of people in Texas, parts of Florida, Puerto Rico, St. Croix, and Mexico--and every place where people's lives have been upended by nature's forces--and global warming.  That is one thing most of us can agree on.

Whatchaupto?

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post. Your posts always are.

    I love, love, love these rabbits!! You should use them for October 1...which is much too close.

    I enjoyed this past weekend also. Life's been good to me.

    ReplyDelete