Sunday, April 1, 2018

Rabbit, rabbit! Happy April, which is most definitely a sign of spring...



So, what's up, doc? Honestly, it's a slow news day for me, which means that things are happy-go-normal.  Wait, wait--better than normal; I'm feeling very well, both physically and mentally. And now, the days have more light in them, in the literal sense

So far, this has been a pleasurable weekend. Yesterday, we lunched with my mother, my sister, and the local nieces, and later on today, we'll visit Mike's dad. This feels like a balanced free time to planned activity ratio. For me, anyway--I admit that I tend to waste time when I have too much of it and no structure. Having plans begs that the rest of the time be bookmarked for specific other things, like reading.

Last night's movie was Lady Bird, which was indeed very good.  It seems that I usually like coming of age movies. Last week, we were both rather disappointed with Three Billboards Outside Hibbing, Missouri.  I thought that a couple of the minor female roles were shockingly stupid--parodies of ditzy young women, and that was annoying. The major actors were all good, of course, though the transformation of one of the cops was bit too incredible...anyway, I'm glad to have had the chance to see it, since I admire Frances McDormand.

Last weekend, Mom, 3D, and I stood outside the state's capitol on a sunny day to support the student movement against gun violence. It was a relief to see such a good turnout! I had assumed that if the Sandy Hook shooting didn't change anything, nothing could...but perhaps there is hope, after all.  Witnessing survivors old enough AND organized enough to stand up and shout is new. That really shakes things up, as it should!

There are times when it sounds like we are a nation at war with itself, but then--all countries have this. Even with the president we have, such as he is, we're a little too stable for another civil war. And who knows? Perhaps our country will come out of this lousy experience grateful for a time when we don't have to read about our president every. single. day.  We cans start focusing on cat videos and baby pictures again.

Well,  I hear Mike coming up the stairs, getting ready to focus on the latest Will Shortz puzzle, and I must away...'til another day...

Must do the things I half-way, sort of , planned to do...

Whatchaupto?


1 comment:

  1. This is a great post. As usual.
    Today I had lunch with BFF Leah, Hattie, and the other usual suspects. It was nice, but I saw that Leah was getting tired and not-so-well, so when she went to the lady's room I told everyone that we all should go. It really was time anyway. I'm glad I was the one who drove because she really had "flagged" so to speak.
    I hope Bob is doing well.

    ReplyDelete