Sunday, December 9, 2018

Cruise 2018

Another year almost gone, another bunch of cruise pictures!

 We had absolutely no rain during this cruise. I'm not sure that's ever happened before . It sprinkled on us a bit in Miami the night before, but that was it. So, here is a picture of the sea on a sunny day.
 Once in awhile, I take random pictures of Mike when he's not looking. We were enjoying a sea day, when we like to read in different parts of the ship. It's very relaxing and more exciting that it sounds.

 Another sunny day. The water is beautiful and mesmerizing....I could stare at it all day. And I came close to it.
 Key West...so eccentric. A little bit of everything...

 A nice tribute to Shel Silverstein, and good spotting by Mike. (Key West)

 That's me sitting in The Gastropub. Comfy place.

 We tried a new-to-us Japanese beer (okay, most are) at Sushi on Five.

 Mike in his tux. Men's fashions don't change much. Lucky them.

Me in a dress I can still wear.

We both agree that this was the most relaxing cruise we've ever had. There were two sea days, which I love, and...we decided to stay on the ship for one stop--we skipped Grand Cayman. Yes, the seven-mile beach is beautiful, but we were tendered, not docked, which meant that we'd be traveling to the island, then in a taxi, for a big chunk of our time there. The roads there are always congested, and we chose not to take part in that this time.

Cozumel was my favorite. Great beach, great people. Back in September, when we were not so far away, we could see, in the distance, the cruise ships leaving Cozumel. This time, we were looking the opposite way....Good-bye Mexico, for another year.

We played Scrabble every evening, and every evening, Mike won. That's okay. It's not like I didn't see it coming. He studies at least an hour each week, and if I started doing that--I'd still lose. We each read a couple books and then some, which is a treat, and of course ate and drank very well.

And now I must rouse myself and finish putting stuff away. And try to bottle some of this happiness for as long as possible.


So. Whatchaupto?

2 comments:

  1. This is my 4th try! I'm so lame. Couldn't post.
    I love your post. Sounds like a great trip, and the pictures are wonderful.
    So glad that you guys can take this trip every year.
    I'm up to messing up posts here and there and everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Messing up posts? I doubt it:)

    Thanks, Mom!

    ReplyDelete