Friday, July 3, 2020

Halfway Through the Year




Rabbit, rabbit, happy  lucky July, everyone. These past few years, for various reasons, July has been a fretful month for me, but I am optimistic that this one will be better. That might sound ironic, given the current state of things. Indeed, this year is not what any of us thought it would be.           

The above picture has some problems, doesn't it? The bridge, or arch, is too low for the girl to walk under, and why is Rabbit on a leash? Still, it's a cute image, and another great quote from C.S. Lewis.

Despite the fact that my life sounds boring, I seem to be contented. When I realized that the PBS app's streaming of Downtown Abbey expired a couple days ago, when I was in the middle of the last season, I did not get dramatic. It was easy to find a summary of how everyone got a nice ending, so I'll go on to something else, perhaps something educational. Right now, I need to hurry up and read another book for our upcoming and long awaited book group, provided it doesn't rain. It will need to be outdoors, of course. I should have plenty of time, except that I also have a library book on hold, and they have a way of coming to me when I'm in the middle to something else. (If there's a queue, renewals are forbidden, of course.) It's one of the popular Tana French Dublin Murder Squad mysteries. The thing about borrowing ebooks is, you can't simply decide to pay an overdue fine, if you need another day--ebooks disappear!

Every outing these days is an event. Today, I missed The Outing to grocery shop because we were maybe probably chances are finally getting a visit from The Gutter Guys, and I was to be here if they came. They didn't.  Finally,  when we had given up hope on being visited on our island this year, they came. I felt sorry for them, since it was so hot. Turns out, our problem was rotted base boards, so it's going to be expensive. Oy, must be done, and since we're not spending as much this year being homies, may as well happen now. 

Youngest Sister is visiting soon, a wonderful highlight for our summer! And she's bringing her loveable muppet, Digory.  We're looking forward to it. 

Mike is currently working part time from home. It's a contract that lasts until sometime in December, and again, he figures he might as well, since we don't have any big plans this year. I do hope we eventually get out to Fargo, ND while my father-in-law (and new great grandfather!) is still up to it. 

Other news? I saw my oncologist yesterday, it went well, and I don't have to see him for a whole year! Chapter almost finished.  People are coming for their treatments, and the way they talked, they'd been coming for awhile. So, hopefully people were not too delayed by the pandemic. They did limit open locations, which might have explained why they were so busy--my doctor was almost an hour behind, and I had an early appointment. The staff must be so tired!

That's my news for now--no more excitement that I can think of. Once it cools down, Mom and I can go for walkies again. 

So, whatchaupto?






                                     

1 comment:

  1. I'm up to wishing for milder weather so we can walk. I loved these last 10 days of Lara,Della,Mike and you. So grateful for it.
    Sorry about the repairs on the boards. It's always something when you own a house.
    Philly has cancelled all big events through FEB. 2021! Even the Thanksgiving parade and the Mummers parade.
    Looks as if we're in for a much longer haul than we ever expected.

    ReplyDelete