Thursday, April 1, 2021

Happy April!


Can it really be April already?


Well, yes, it can be. The showers came early, all three maple trees are budding, and the cardinals are back, and making their presence known. 

There is no earth-shattering news to relate in my life, which is probably for the best. Honestly, the biggest news I have is that I actually scored an appointment to have my teeth cleaned, four months later than usual, and I will have to go see a hygienist I've never met, and hope Bonnie isn't offended. This was my COVID first world problem. 

THIS JUST IN: I will be eligible to get a vaccine as of April 19, and we shall see how that goes. I hope grocery store workers have some special provision--if employers can provide flu vacination sites, they could work something out for this. It's overdue. 

Since I have no news, I'll share the podcasts that have kept me going. A list!

𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙀π™ͺπ™œπ™π™‘π™žπ™£π™š- from NPR. History, culture, and connections. 

π™π™–π™˜π™π™šπ™‘ π™ˆπ™–π™™π™™π™€π™¬- she interviews some brilliant people

π™π™π™š π™ˆπ™€π™©π™ π™π™–π™™π™žπ™€ 𝙃𝙀π™ͺ𝙧- True stories, not produced

𝙄𝙩𝙨 π˜½π™šπ™šπ™£ 𝙖 π™ˆπ™žπ™£π™ͺπ™©π™š- I really like Sam Sanders. 

π™ƒπ™žπ™™π™™π™šπ™£ π˜½π™§π™–π™žπ™£- psychology of people's behavior.

π™’π™–π™žπ™©, π™’π™–π™žπ™©, π˜Ώπ™€π™£'𝙩 π™π™šπ™‘π™‘ π™ˆπ™š- informative fun

π™π™–π™™π™žπ™€ 𝙇𝙖𝙗 - blinding me with science!

1619- Our sad history with slavery and racism

π™π™π™žπ™¨ π˜Όπ™’π™šπ™§π™žπ™˜π™–π™£ π™‡π™žπ™›π™š- true stories, professional production

π™’π™€π™€π™™π™šπ™£ π™Šπ™«π™šπ™§π™˜π™€π™–π™©π™¨- Comedic serial, eagerly awaiting next season.

...and a variety of news shows. No, I don't keep up with all of them, and there are others I keep meaning to dip into. Surprisingly, even retired people don't have endless time. Who knew?

On TV, we are enjoying 𝙁𝙀𝙀𝙑 𝙐𝙨 and finished the first season of 𝙇π™ͺπ™₯π™žπ™£. The second season isn't out yet! We haven't been so up to date on a TV show since π™π™¬π™žπ™£ π™‹π™šπ™–π™ π™¨. At some point, I'd like to read π˜Όπ™§π™¨π™šπ™£π™š 𝙇π™ͺπ™₯π™žπ™£, Gentleman Burglar, by Maurice LeBlanc. It's public domain and easy to find. 


What else? I updated our front door wreath, but did not put it out for that gale wind weather we had earlier this week. This picture will help me remember what it looked like once, come the end of this season:




Here's to the beginning of more normal times, and gratitude for everything that kept us safe and happy!

Rabbit rabbit! Whatchaupto?




1 comment:

  1. Leah treated Della and me to a wonderful lunch at Bone Fish Grill. I had the Ahi Tuna rare and it was fabulous!
    I hope you enjoyed seeing Bob.
    I emailed you an update on the COVID vaccines. I think you might be eligible sooner than you think. Then we can go to Bone Fish together.
    Your wreath is lovely. I think it's safe to put it up now.

    ReplyDelete