Sunday, August 15, 2021

Welcome To the Middle of August

 




Good morning, good morning! It's finally a nice temperature out there, perchance to go for a decent walk. 

Gracious me, I'm sorry to point this out, but summer is almost over. Area schools will be back in session in a couple weeks. Actually, the school district we reside in will start in about one week. 

We haven't been to the pool at all. It just didn't appeal to us this year, and hasn't for awhile, now. Back in the day, we'd go after work, when it was quieter. That seems like another lifetime. Now, from what I see on Facebook, people are unhappy about the crowding situation there. It is a public pool--residents of the township can get a discount or membership, but anyone can pay a daily fee and use the park and pool, because of the way it was funded, in the beginning. Our township has grown, and is continuing to grow. The obvious solution would be to fund another pool, perhaps near one of the other parks in the township, but I've not heard any plans for that.

What I have heard concerns more apartment buildings. One will be very close to us, and I hope that a nice sidewalk along that road comes with it. That would be very nice. While it's being built, though, we'll all have to be very patient with whatever disruptions come our way.

Speaking of disruptions, our neighborhood was supposed to be paved a couple days ago, but wasn't. I'm assuming it was postponed because of excessive heat. I just hope we get a heads up about when we'll be kicked off the road. It really does need to be done. 

So, for at least a couple days, gravity will not be pressing down on me as badly, and I might feel more energetic. Happiness.







So, whatchaupto?

1 comment:

  1. Where will the apartments be placed? I hope they don't bring excessive traffic to your street.
    Today was pretty good for temperatures, and I think Wednesday will be okay too. Good news.
    I'm up to catching up on my email and on Facebook. (AKA wasting time.)

    ReplyDelete