Friday, October 1, 2021

Rabbit, Rabbit, Happy Lucky October!


 




Happy Friday, too.  On this first day of October, I am having some alone time, as Mike is in Happy Valley with his old friends from his high school cross country days.  I hope he is having a good time, and that things aren't too weird for him, since he can't be drinking any alcohol for a couple more weeks. (He has to return to his doctor's office to repeat some testing, and he was asked no to drink at all.)

His friend Brent came over yesterday afternoon, so they could ride up together, and he gave me a small box of tomatoes. Well, that big one had to be eaten, it was ripe. And very delicious. I'd told Mike right away to not expect to see any of these beauties when he got back. They laughed, as if I were joking. (Brent is a farmer, by the way. He and his wife Julie are flush with veggies.)

What did I do today? It's amazing how easily I fill my time, especially on days when I am not motivated to do much at all. I wrote a book review. Then, I read all the emails I get from all those bookstores where I have accounts just so I can cut, paste, and sprinkle my opinions around the interwebs. Played a couple games, read some news, ran a very optional errand, tortured my recorder, went for a short walk, and then it was time to eat dinner and watch Washington Week in Review on PBS. It's what we do on our exciting Friday nights. I was too lazy to carry my food downstairs, where the TV is, so I watched it on the computer upstairs. 

These past few days have been beautiful! This past Wednesday, I walked through Indian Creek, Grandon Farms Trail, then part of Creekview Park, and  I felt so retired! I mean, I barely saw anyone. The park was particularly empty, since it was a weekday.   



Crossing the creek, on my way to Indian Creek...



this is somewhere along the path cutting through Indian Creek...





random picture somewhere on Grandon Farms Trail...





...a shady area in Creekview Park, not far from the athletic fields. I loop around here somewhere and walk back, then. It's a great walk.

This coming Wednesday, I'm looking forward to finally seeing Mom! 

So, whatchaupto?












1 comment:

  1. I'm up to longing to see you again! Tuesday can't come fast enough. I'm pigging out on you, claiming you both Tuesday and Wednesday.
    Glad you had a peaceful, lovely day with nothing particular to do, and you filled it very well.
    I love this post.

    ReplyDelete