Monday, November 1, 2021

November Delights


                          Tamsin Abbott, artist, blue-ginger gallery



Rabbit, rabbit, happy lucky November, everyone!  

I set a couple of alarms to prevent me from sleeping all the way through my rabbitses, because November is so exciting! Yes, let's get pumped about November.

Mike's birthday is coming up, and while he's out getting the car inspected today, I'll be slipping out to the mall to get his birthday chocolate. I hope Gertrude Hawk has their dark chocolate jack-o-lantern smidgens on sale. Mike gets a special kick out of that. (I will be livid if the Christmas stuff is already there.)

Speaking of Halloween, our trick-or-treat was last evening, and we greeted a total of nine or ten kids, in two groups. I mean, only two door bells. They were all super young, no one looked over eight years old, with a crowd of parents watching from the sidewalk. 

Mom's birthday is November Last, and she'll be greeting her ninth decade. Wait, that makes eighty sound older than it is... anyway, woohoo! 

And--in less exciting news, I finished a Netgalley book a couple days ago, but haven't reviewed it yet. That should get done today. Della loaned me a hard copy of Dune, by Frank Herbert, since it's everywhere right now, so popular that I'd have to wait six months to nab it at the library! Impressive, for a book that came out in 1965. It's one of those books I should have read ages ago. Perhaps I can stop wasting time and finally start that today, too.

THIS JUST IN: a couple friends have alerted us to Magic Mondays in Carlisle, and we'll definitely join them on a Monday this month. That will be fun. 



Wow! Today is World Vegan Day! Does Lara know?

Time to wrap this up and get moving. Besides, I'm getting rumbly in my tumbly, like I do.

Whatchaupto?



5 comments:

  1. In spite of not "doing" trick or treat this year, I got two kids. The boy across the street and a friend of his. Each year Cole comes over and his mother takes a picture of us together. He looked great. He loves Halloween. Sweet.
    I love your Rabbit in an acorn. Of course I got more than usual comments on that rabbit on FB. Finally admitted to borrowing it from you.
    Eighty sounds old enough, thank you. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look I found you again! Very fun to read your blog (it has been a while). Amazed to learn of your Mom entering the 80's - She is one amazing lady. I also enjoyed your November calender though I was less than thrilled to see our birthdays (Nathalie and I) on cyberday... ew~ that doesn't sound exciting ha ha ha!! Hope you are well - ~cheers~! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Terry! Our birthday is so close now. Yep, 80 is super old. Good to see you here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sending you (Nathalie) smiles and good wishes in lieu of (since no addy I can't send you flowers) tangibles :D Happy birthday on your big next step - I know it will be grand xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry you did send me a beautiful flower arrangement! It's wonderful!
      xxo Nathalie

      Delete