Saturday, April 9, 2022

April's Rabbit, Still in a Sweater



 


Greetings, fellow earthlings, I hope April finds you all well. I'm not sure there is much news to impart from my neck of the woods, but I shall endeavor to provide some tidbits.

Since I last visited this blog, the days have gone by smoothly enough for us, and I am thankful for that. I'm thankful that we keep in touch with some friends and have the occasional night out.

We had an unexpectedly good time in Annville last week, where we went to be part of a group joining a couple of very nice people who are trying to retire from farming by renting space for a solar farm. Unfortunately, many of their neighbors are outraged, and Annville's supervisors voted it down. (some people are afraid of noise pollution? This was an interesting cultural experience.) It will be appealed, an ongoing battle... more information here.   Anyway, we went back to the farm and had a fun party, anyway. We met reps from Enel Green Power, who were smart and interesting. 

I wish I could claim to be doing interesting stuff, but I fear that the pandemic has made a bit of a house cat of me. Except for my trips to see my mom, grocery shopping, or going to the gym, I'm at home, reading and playing games.

Wooden Overcoats, the podcast I followed for four seasons, is over. It was wonderful, and I will miss it. I've just started listening to The Amelia Project,  which I hope to get into. Podcasts are fun, and they are good for exercising my attention span. There are books I'm looking forward to finally reading, so I'll have to avert my eyes from the offerings on Netgalley, for a little while. I just finished the latest novel by Jennifer Egan, called The Candy House, which I was astounded and grateful to get on that platform. (My review is on the other blog.) 

Another year of movies went by, and since movies are available on specific platforms these days, we feel lucky to have caught ONE newsworthy film this year: The Power of the Dog, which we saw on Netflix. The rest of them might have to wait until they appear at the library, which may be awhile. And since we don't have cable, we didn't watch the Oscars, but heard all about the tragedy the next morning. Honestly, that may someday be a movie: reach the pinnacle of a career, and just before accepting the prize, do something insane that might ruin said career. What a story.

Hokey smokes, where is the day going? Whatchaupto? 







1 comment:

  1. Hey kid. About time you posted again.
    On Wednesday, how about I pick you up and we'll go to the Carlisle Antique Mall? Check it out online and see what you think.

    ReplyDelete