Tuesday, April 19, 2022

TIL, Or, Data Dump

Happy Tuesday! It's now late April, the latest possible Easter has just happened, and we had a splendid time, visiting with family.


Anyway, since I spend so much of my retirement cruising the interwebs, I decided it was time for a mental data dump--just what am I getting out of this? No need to hold onto that hat, I'm a pooh of little real estate up there, so don't expect too much.




1. So, that's how Tun Brewery got its name...too bad it's in Atlantic City. And--one really can ask for a butt load of beer. Good to know. 

2. Hong Kong is THE most expensive place to live. I did not know this. There are people living in apartments there that are so small that it stretches the meaning of the word. But not the space. There are some very ingenious ideas about what to do about the housing situation.

3. After Mom called and told me about how exciting the women's race was at The Boston Marathon, I hopped over to YouTube and watched, and I'm glad I did.  Congratulations to Peres Jepchirchir!  Ababel Yesaneh put up a good fight, and finished second. It was the 50th anniversary of women being allowed to run Boston, and it certainly was a stunning race.

4. Since I've been going to Planet Fitness, and therefore seeing all these TV channels up above, I've learned that Hoda and Jenna have too much fun on The Today Show for it to count as an actual job. And yet, they are probably being paid enough to buy butt loads of beer every day. 

I've also learned that someone always beats me to locker #42. At first, I thought it was my own fault, for traveling without a towel, but then I learned that it was also Jackie Robinson's number. Or whatever. So, fine. I got myself a blue combo lock, so I can remember where I put my stuff.

5. There's a free VPN service called Proton, and there's no data limit. Of course, one must make sure to be connected somewhere in the US to listen to Pandora, but so far, that hasn't been too difficult. 

6. I see cool stuff!

 I cross the pike most days on foot, and will be happy when this township has more sidewalks and crosswalks. Since they are building a new apartment building behind Rite Aid, it would make sense to for there to be a better walking situation. We shall see.

Well, I'm off to finish another comfortable day, for which I'm extremely grateful. 

Whatchaupto?



p.s. is the font inconsistent? I have absolutely no idea why





1 comment:

  1. Yeah, the font is a little inconsistent, but I barely noticed. Loved Easter with the family.
    That street crossing is amazing!
    I love your stream-of-conscience.

    ReplyDelete