Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Rabbit Rabbit, Happy Lucky June!

 



Where did May go, and why am I so happy that it's June? Hmm, for one thing, school is letting out this coming week, sometime, for just about everyone, and the start of summer vacation for so many, and even if I'm not affected, I catch the relief and happiness.

Mass shootings in schools is something on everyone's mind right now, and I hope what happened in Uvalde can at least be a tipping point. Surely, people can see that assault rifles are an insanity for civilians. Surely, we can all agree that the legal drinking age might be best for not just alcohol, but also guns?  And perhaps credit card companies should put a cap on how much credit they extend to buy weapons of mass destruction? Evidently, ammo is expensive, but someone who plans to end things for so many won't care about simply pulling out a credit card.  We are living in scary times in a dangerous country. (Where underage girls may be forced to birth babies, but underage boys  & girls have access to dangerous weapons.)

What did I do in May? I did successfully donate blood, and they even gave me a nifty water bottle and stickers. I am still part child, these things delighted me. Eventually, I got a  reactive + COVID antibody test result that means my antibody level is actually high enough that my donation could be used as convalescent plasma. Good to know those vaccines are still doing the job, since I'm putting off my fourth shot until closer to our cruise. 

And, Mom gave me her older Toshiba laptop, which cooperated with a Cloudready install, so now it's functioning just like a new Chromebook! It's my lucky rabbit, rabbit day! I really like Chromebooks, so easy to use. 

Mom and her bestie are going to the shore soon, the same week Mike and I will be in Texas. I'd better try on my bathing suit, a dowdy mastectomy affair that is comfortable and easy, if not flattering. It's harder to achieve "flattering" these days. Thankfully, I just don't care as much, and may stay in Arthur's pool the entire time, anyway. Nothing to see here.

Mike convinced me to read a book called We Begin at the End, by Chris Whitaker, and I'm glad. It is indeed a great book, one of the best young female protagonists, ever. 

Okay, right now, I have to stop playing with my new toy long enough to get to the gym. 

So, whatchaupto on this first day of June?






1 comment:

  1. I went to Crackerbarrel with Della for lunch today. I forget about that place. I had breakfast for lunch and enjoyed it very much.
    I did try on my bathing suit, and depending on your definition of 'fits' it does fit. I need to get packing for the shore.
    I'm tickled that the laptop is working out for you.

    ReplyDelete