Thursday, November 2, 2017

Welcome to November

Hello there, how are you? Staying warm? Did you get as spoiled as I did by that long run of warmer weather? Goodness, I don't know what to wear anymore.

Yesterday was Rabbit Rabbit day, and I did say my rabbitses, but alas, I found my Nook lifeless after a whole night of charging. The screensaver has funky lines all over it, and it won't start. It's frozen. No, holding down the button for X seconds doesn't work. I cannot even turn it all the way off. And it's out of warranty. This is not a tragedy, but it's highly annoying. We have a tablet, and the Nook app works very well, so I do have a backup until I decide what to do...of course, Mike has offered to give me my OLD one back, but I'm too spoiled for that: it has no backlight! He is planning on upgrading, probably to the new Nook Glowlight 3 (coming out in a few days), and then he will understand. (I will probably do the same thing, since I am not inclined to buy this model again!)

Superstitions are not one of my foibles, so I didn't attach any ominous thoughts to the fact that later that morning, whilst trotting back and forth at work, I realized that my right shoe had come apart at one side. Some days have themes, huh? I found some (clear) strapping tape in the supply closet that did the trick for the day, if one didn't notice the slight sound I was making...Mike has some special epoxy and vice, and I believe these shoes will walk again. 

Yesterday was super busy at work because it was the first of the month, when so many people come in to withdraw funds that have just hit their accounts. And we are short staffed, and will be for the rest of this year. Today is the last day for one of our tellers...she got a job working for one of our customers. And we all have vacation time planned in the next two months! Good times.

Whatchaupto?













1 comment:

  1. I laughed about the shoes walking again. Sorry.
    Too bad about your Nook. I have no idea what they cost. Maybe XMAS $$ can go towards a new one.
    Today I cooked for the dinner at the church auction. I made a big mess in my kitchen. I've forgotten how to clean as I go!
    I hope Sunday goes will for you two.

    ReplyDelete