Sunday, October 28, 2018

Windy Sunday

Every weekend, I mean to write a little something here, just for fun. Most weekends, that doesn't happen, for one reason or another. This weekend, I've waited until the very last minutes of my weekend to jot down a few words.

We went to a Halloween party last night, which was surprisingly sparsely attended. It's usually a very crowded affair. Without the crowd, it was a shorter party, but we did get the rare opportunity to actually have a real conversation with the host, and that was very nice. Mike and I went as a dead bride and groom, which turned out to be both very easy and very effective--we looked pretty good! I wore Lara's old wedding dress and a veil I found at Goodwill, and Mike rocked his tux. We both painted our faces. The hostess was Lady Sings the Blues, and she looked great! And since she's a member of our book group, and had missed the last meeting, I made sure to grill her about what she'd thought about the last book (can't let her get out of that).

It was so nice, catching up with her. Being in touch with friends and getting Out There is important. It's something I used to take for granted.






We certainly don't want to be alone in such dangerous, scary times. The midterm elections are almost upon us, and many of us are anxious. I am.

Stay in touch!

1 comment:

  1. I was going to ask you about the party. I hope all is well with the host.
    Did you take pictures?
    Hope to see you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete